Taking advantage of its long-standing firearms expertise, FN Herstal designed and developed a complete family of remote weapon stations called deFNder® in order to meet today’s operational requirements. The deFNder® Remote Weapon Stations provide optimized remote firing capability day and night while keeping the operator completely under armor protection. They are easily integrated onto a variety of new or existing mobile or static platforms to fulfil a wide range of missions.
The deFNder® family includes three models:
• the deFNder® Light is a 100kg class range RWS. It is perfectly suited for integration onto low payload
vehicles or for fixed site protection applications and urban warfare thanks to its unique
elevation/depression angles. It can integrate the 5.56x45mm NATO cal or 7.62x51mm NATO cal FN machine gun.
• the deFNder® Medium is a 200kg class range RWS. It can be fitted onto light, medium, and heavy
payload, and accepts all FN machine guns from 5.56x45mm NATO cal upto .50 cal and 40mm AGL.
• the Sea deFNder® is the variant of the deFNder® Medium specifically designed for naval applications.
• Offensive and defensive operations
• Observation and target acquisition
• Self defense
• Convoy protection
• Critical infrastructure protection
• Land forces
• Air forces
• Unique ratio between silhouette and operation angles
The combined low silhouette and elevation/depression angles of the deFNder® Medium fitted with the FN
M3R™ machine gun are unique on the market:
- Above deck height: Less than 530mm
- Above deck weight: <90 kg fully loaded
- Elevation angles:[-60°; +80°]
The deFNder® Medium can accept either of the following FN machine guns:
- FN MINIMI® 5.56 (5.56x45mm NATO cal)
- FN MINIMI® 7.62 (7.62x51mm NATO cal)
- FN MAG® (7.62x51mm NATO cal)
- FN M2HB-QCB™ (.50 cal)
- FN M3R™ (.50 cal)
and 40mm AGL
Replacement of one machine gun with another one takes a few minutes, with no specific tools required.
As part of modularity, the customer can choose among a number of qualified day/sight modules (CCD + IR uncooled or cooled). Additionally, the deFNder® Medium is available with a one-hand or game pad control handle, and a standard or higher capacity ammunition box.
• Customizable solution
A large number of options are available on request, such as two-axis gyroscopic stabilization, ballistic protection, target tracking, image stabilization and weapon protective cover.
• Complete service package
In addition to the remote weapon station, FN Herstal provides everything the customer needs for rapid deployment. This includes associated weapon(s), ammunition, technical documentation, technical support, operator’s and maintenance training, and installation of the deFNder® Medium onto the platform.
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all product photographs, descriptions and specifications on this website are accurate. However, inadvertent errors may occur, and changes in design or materials, due to our continual effort to improve products, may result in some change in specifications before subsequent publications are issued. FN Herstal, S.A. reserves the right to modify or change specifications without notice.